Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Interview #1 By Mariana

Dating Interview
Preliminary Questions:

Name: F29
Male/ Female: Female
Ethnicity: White
Age:29
Sexuality: Gay/ Bisexual/ Straight/ Transgendered/ Intersex: Straight

F29 I will be asking you a series of question regarding dating. These questions are for an Anthropology project at Cal State University Fullerton. Your answers will be posted on a public weg blog. Do I have your verbal permission. Yes

When approaching a possible date:
If you are interested in someone, will you approach them first? Absolutely, but I have not always been that way. It took me a long time to get comfortable with the idea that it’s okay for me to go up to guy first.

If you are turned down, would you approach the same person again? Laughing…… no. defiantly not

So what physical qualities attract you to a person? Hum… where do I start? I would have to say eyes and smile. I am pretty open when it comes to body types. Won’t do fat but I will do husky.

What turn’s you off from a person? When they overuse alcohol or drug, and guys who are controlling forget it. I kick those guys to the curb fast.

What about pick up lines? Have you ever used pick up lines or received pick up lines to initiate a conversation? Yes! Like while I was dancing this hot black guy I said, “You’ve got some moves man! I wonder what moves you have in the bedroom.” And then he leaned over to me and said, “I have never had a woman like you before”. And my response, “oh I am so sure”.

Now I know some guys out there might have this rule, but after meeting someone and exchanging numbers do you wait a certain amount of time to call them? Usually I wait about a day. If you like someone call them.


Have you dated someone older or younger than you? Absolutely, the guy I am currently dating is younger. The oldest I would go is four years

How many years difference? 4 years

So is age nothing but a number to you? Yes
Early Dating:

If you’re going on the first few dates with someone, who do you expect to pay? Him, if a guy is asking me out on a bunch of dates he should be the one paying for it.

What’s your ideal date: drive in movie, something carefree, not a super nice restaurant just something fun that we are both into. Something with nature like hiking or going to the beach.

How long do you wait to have sex with someone that you are dating? I have no rules with this one. Let’s just leave it at that


How long do you date someone until you make the relationship official? Normally about a month but again it really depends on the person.

Would you ever date more than one person at the same time?
No, I have done it in the past but I just feel like its not natural. I just don’t do it anymore. It’s a lot of work to be honest with you.

Would you date outside of your race? Yes, I was married; he is half black and half white. His mom is black and dad is white


Serious Relationships:

Have you ever been in a serious relationship? Yes

In a serious relationship, have you cheated on someone? Yes, but I do not wish to elaborate.

How long do you wait until you take your relationship to the next level: Engaged/ Marriage? 2 years is how long I wanted to wait but with my ex husband I waited 3 and half years until I proposed to him!

Will you live with someone while dating them? Not anymore, I feel like it cheapens the relationship and marriage and the commitment level of marriage. I didn’t decide this until after my ex.


Have you said ‘I love you’ first or do you wait for your partner to say it? I always wait for them to say it first. Because it really depends on the person, but if I feel it I will say it first.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but there different versions of love at first site. In high school I thought I was in love with Chad Cely cuz he was the sexiest man I had ever seen! …giggling

No comments:

Post a Comment