Friday, November 20, 2009

Interview #2 Conducted by Mariana Gost

Dating Interview
Preliminary Questions:
Name: M 40
Male/ Female: Male
Ethnicity: White
Age: 40
Sexuality: Gay/ Bisexual/ Straight/ Transgendered/ Intersex: Straight

M40 I will be asking you a series of question regarding dating. These questions are for an Anthropology project at Cal State University Fullerton. Your answers will be posted on a public weg blog. Do I have your verbal permission. Yes

When approaching a possible date:
1) If you are interested in someone, will you approach them first? I will but uhm it’s definitely nerve wracking; the situation has to be just right. Just recently there was a woman that worked in a store I visit frequently. We have engaged in conversation before. I felt like it was the right time, the store was not very crowded and she was not busy. She seemed like she was alone (single). So I gave her my number.

2) If you are turned down, would you approach the same person again? No, if I am turned down I would assume that the person isn’t going to change their mind.

3) So what physical qualities attract you to a person? Definitely eyes and facial structure. As for body type I prefer slender, personal style and their clothing is something that I am really into.

4)What turn’s you off from a person? Someone who is overweight. I would say if they are 30 to 40 pounds or more over weight. For me the person needs to be at least semi fit. I do not find myself attracted to larger women. Also when woman have those big long fake finger nail…… I can’t stand that, and if a woman wears too much make up. I like women who are natural. A little make up is okay.

5)What about pick up lines? Have you ever used pick up lines or received pick up lines to initiate a conversation? No I have never used pick up lines and I have never used pick up lines on a woman…. Laughing.

6)Now I know some guys out there might have this rule, but after meeting someone and exchanging numbers do you wait a certain amount of time to call them? I would not wait longer than two days to call them.

7)Have you dated someone older or younger than you? I have dated women both older and younger than me

8)How many years difference? So there was this one woman, who was 5 years younger than me. I have gone recently been dating a woman who is 15 years older than me. When I was in my early thirties I dated a woman who was twelve and a half years younger than me.

9)So is age nothing but a number to you? No, uhm, that’s not true there are definitely problems with points of view and things of that nature. When you are in your twenties, thirty and forties people are at different places in their lives and they have different ideals about life.

Early Dating:

10)If you’re going on the first few dates with someone, who do you expect to pay? I would pay for the first three dates. But after the third date id the person is truly interested in me I would like it if she offered to go ‘dutch’ on a date or offer to pay for dessert.

11) What’s your ideal date: well that’s a hard one. It would be cool if I took a woman out to a club or a bar and the band that was playing we both were really into (just by chance). Also if we were able to have one of those deep conversations that just flow, not force. Finding out that we are on the same page with life and stuff.

12) How long do you wait to have sex with someone that you are dating? I would say who I am now and the place I am at in my life I would say about a month. We would have to have gone out on at least 8or 9 dates also.


13) How long do you date someone until you make the relationship official? I would say probably two to 3 months. We would need to have a serious talk beforehand about both of our goals and aspiration for the future. Also I feel it is important to talk about marriage and see if that is what this person wants the relationship to lead to.

14) Would you ever date more than one person at the same time? Yes I have dated more than one woman at a time but I that was a long time ago. I no longer date more than one woman at a time.

15)Would you date outside of your race? Yes I would. When I was living up in Northern California I date a woman from India. When I was in High school I dated a Mexican girl. But those are the other woman that come to mind right now.


Serious Relationships:


16) Have you ever been in a serious relationship? Yes … Uhm I have been in a few serious relationships. I would say five in my entire life.

17)In a serious relationship, have you cheated on someone? NO !

18)How long do you wait until you take your relationship to the next level: Engaged/ Marriage/ Moving in together? I was dating this one woman. We were dating for about six months and we moved into together. As for marriage, I have never asked a woman to marry me. I I have been waiting for them to ask me but no one has.

19)Will you live with someone while dating them? Okay here is how I understand the question. I would become romantic with a roommate and uhm yes I would if the we were both attracted to each other and the feelings were mutual.


20)Have you said ‘I love you’ first or do you wait for your partner to say it? I say it first….. I think I have always been the one to say I love you first in the relationship.

21)Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but there different versions of love at first site. Well this is an interesting question. It can be taking so many different ways. It’s like if you ask someone if they believe in God. There is evidence the support it and evidence that doesn’t. I know I am open to the idea, but I have never experienced love at first site.

No comments:

Post a Comment